Ensuring that people with disabilities have opportunities to achieve higher education is important to The Ability Center (ACT). ACT provides college scholarships to area students with disabilities. Last year, The Ability Center and our Auxiliary collaborated to give out several college scholarships totaling $20,000.
- Be an individual with a disability
- Have a permanent address in Lucas, Wood, Fulton, Henry, Ottawa, Defiance, Williams county in Ohio or in Monroe or Lenawee county in Michigan
- Carry at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Be enrolled in a post-secondary degree program
If you have questions regarding the following information, please email Lisa Justice or at (419) 885-5733.
Instructions for Completing the Application
The applicant must complete the application. Non-traditional students will need to provide employment records and/or description of past activities (i.e., homemaker, volunteer, etc.).
- Please attach your current high school/college transcript.
- Type clearly.
- Have three complete references (not family) attached to the application.
Complete all items. An incomplete, illegible, or late application will prevent you from scholarship consideration.