ADAI may not be the largest business around, but we’d like to think we’re one of the smartest. We understand that in order to grow and maintain the valuable services ADAI offers, we need the help of many people. That’s why we turn to everyone from schoolchildren to large corporations for support. Everyone can help. You can donate dog biscuits or veterinary services. You can sponsor a dog or pave our parking lot. You can give a $1000 or 1,000 pennies. On behalf of our service and therapy dogs and the individual lives they enrich each day, we thank you.
Here are just a few ways you can help Assistance Dogs for Achieving Independence!
You can also send a check, made payable to Assistance Dogs for Achieving Independence to:
5605 Monroe Street
Sylvania, OH 43560
Call ADAI at 419-885-5733 to establish a matching gifts program for your business or organization.
ADAI welcomes all types of in-kind donations. See our Amazon Wish List or check out other needs below!
Individuals and businesses are encouraged and welcome to sponsor a therapy or service dog or part of the training costs for our dogs. Call ADAI at 419-885-5733
For Dogs & Puppies:
For ADAI Dogs & Puppies:
– 100% Natural Bully Sticks
– 4ft or 6ft Leather or Royal Blue Nylon Leashes
– Double sided dog brush for large dogs
– Fold & Carry Double Door Wire Crates (Puppy Size – Small 24in & Medium 30in)
– GRAIN FREE, made in the USA – SOFT dog treats from: Earthborn, Zuke’s, Wellness, Solid Gold, Blue Buffalo, Cloud – Star, Merrick, Blue Wilderness, Bill Jac, Evanger’s
– Greenies – (Large)
– Halti (Size 2 & 3)
– Himalayan Dog Chew Ruff Roots
– Himalayan Dog Chews
– Kong Brand or comparable durable Puppy and Dog Toys (NO RAWHIDES PLEASE!)
– Kongs – Puppy, (Medium, & Large)
– Large, durable, yard toys (Example: Jolly Ball, Teaser Ball, Jolly Egg)
– Metal dog bowls (52oz)
– Nylabones – Puppy. (DuraChew Medium/Large & XL)
– Petrodex Dog Toothpaste
– Rope Toys, Tug Toys, Fleece Toys, Plush Toys
– Rover Enclosures Puppy Pen (www.avidog.com/rover-enclosures/)
– Summer Playsafe Playard
– Waste Bags
– Do It Best Hardware
– Masserant’s Feed & Grain (Lambertville, MI)
– Pet Smart
– Pet Supplies Plus
– Tractor Supply Company
Donate a dog/puppy
Assistance Dogs for Achieving Independence receives puppies donated between the ages of 8 weeks and 6 months old. We count on the generosity of breeders to donate puppies to our program.
Puppies donated to ADAI must be purebred Labrador Retrievers or Golden Retrievers from breeders or pet homes that have a history of the parents. Generally, we require both parents to have hip dysplasia clearances. If the parents are too young for official OFA hip testing, then a simple hip x-ray to clear the parents is sufficient. We do not accept mixes due to the possible unpredictability in the adult size and temperament of unknown parents.
The puppies that are brought into our program must be confident, food motivated and love people. In exchange, they get to work by someone’s side and be loved and needed.
To donate a dog, contact ADAI at 419-885-5733 or email us at email@example.com.