Here are the ways you can help:
- Financial Contributions
- Dog or Puppy
- Items from our Amazon Wishlist
- Sponsor a Puppy
- Become a Foster
- Become a Prison Furlough
- Contact us with your own idea!
Your financial support can help The Ability Center defray the cost of this valuable program. ADAI’s funds directly impact an individual waiting for an assistance dog. To meet the growing need for dogs we depend on donations.
We would be happy to visit your organization so you can learn more about ADAI.
Sponsor a Puppy
For $5,000 you can follow a puppy through its journey to becoming a certified assistance dog. Sponsorship includes:
- Naming of a puppy
- Volunteer opportunities to help us socialize our newborns within the first eight weeks
- Photo of the puppy at 8 weeks
- Access to foster class observation
- Quarterly updates and scheduled visits with the puppy as it goes through the training process
- A facility tour and dog training demonstration
- Recognition at the graduation ceremony when the puppy graduates
- Photo with dog at graduation ceremony or time of graduation
Our volunteer fosters are highly dedicated persons and families who welcome dogs-in-training into their homes. They help us by training house manners, basic obedience, and public socialization. The average time commitment is nine months to a year; however, the time is dictated by the age of the dog.
Temporarily house a puppy or dog until an available foster is located or give a foster some time off. Time commitment varies.