Ensuring that people with disabilities have opportunities to achieve higher education and the accompanying rewards is important to The Ability Center. Therefore, the Center provides college scholarships to area students with disabilities. This year, The Ability Center and the Auxiliary collaborated to offer $20,000 in scholarships.
The scholarship application for the 2016-2017 academic year will be posted after January 1, 2016. The deadline will be March 31, 2016. Please check back!
The Center awards scholarship every year during the spring. To be eligible you must:
- Be an individual with a disability
- Have a permanent address in Lucas, Wood, Fulton, Henry, Ottawa, Defiance, Williams counties in Ohio
- Or have a permanent address in Monroe or Lenawee counties in Michigan
If you have questions regarding the following information, please email Lisa Justice or phone her at (419) 885-5733.
Instructions for Completing Application
The applicant must complete the application. Non-traditional students will need to provide employment records and/or description of past activities (i.e., homemaker, volunteer, etc.).
- Please attach your current high school/college transcript.
- Type clearly.
- Have three complete references (not family) attached to application.
Complete all items. An incomplete, illegible, or late application will prevent you from scholarship consideration.