Ensuring that people with disabilities have opportunities to achieve higher education and the accompanying rewards is important to The Ability Center. Therefore, the Center provides college scholarships to area students with disabilities. Last year, The Ability Center and our Auxiliary collaborated to give out several college scholarships totaling $20,000.
Please check back for the deadline for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The Center awards scholarship every year during the spring. To be eligible you must:
- Be an individual with a disability
- Have a permanent address in Lucas, Wood, Fulton, Henry, Ottawa, Defiance, Williams counties in Ohio
- Or have a permanent address in Monroe or Lenawee counties in Michigan
- Carry at least a 3.0 GPA.
If you have questions regarding the following information, please email Lisa Justice or phone her at (419) 885-5733.
Instructions for Completing Application
The applicant must complete the application. Non-traditional students will need to provide employment records and/or description of past activities (i.e., homemaker, volunteer, etc.).
- Please attach your current high school/college transcript.
- Type clearly.
- Have three complete references (not family) attached to application.
Complete all items. An incomplete, illegible, or late application will prevent you from scholarship consideration.