Help Us Be Successful!
For over 90 years, The Ability Center has been evolving to support people with disabilities, helping them to live active, successful, independent lives.
Support one of our programs that touches your heart. Do you now a friend or family who has utilized our programs? Give back to the program that made independence a reality for your loved one.
- Train and graduate a larger number of assistance dogs and their recipients.
- Increase the number of individuals who receive ramps to make their homes accessible.
- Expand our Nursing Home Transition Program that permits individuals with disabilities to return to community living.
- Help more youth to learn valuable life skills.
- Engage people with disabilities in community recreation activities.
Donate by mail:
Please indicate program fund on memo line of check.
5605 Monroe Street
Sylvania, OH 43560
If you can help, there are a couple of ways you can provide support:
The Matching Gift Program is a charitable giving program set up by corporations in which the company matches donations made by employees to eligible nonprofit organizations. For example, if a donor works for a company and donates $250 to The Ability Center, that company will "double the donation" by writing a check for $250 to the same organization. Matching gifts help you give twice as much to support the programs and services that you would like to donate to.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match the charitable contribution of their employees. Some companies even match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses. To find out if your company has a matching gift process, ask your Human Resources Department.
If your company is an eligible corporation, please request a matching gift form from your employer and send it completed and signed with your gift; we will do the rest! The impact of your gift may be doubled!
Interested? It's easy!
Step 1) Find out if your company matches gifts. Contact your employer's Human Resources Department.
Step 2) Begin the gift process by following the procedure outlined by your employer.
Follow a puppy through each stage of its joyful journey to become a certified assistance dog. Watch as the puppy grows and develops; see firsthand the impact our dogs have for people living with disabilities. Whether you’re an individual, a family, or an organization, sponsorship includes:
- Naming of a puppy
- Photos of your puppy throughout the two-year training
- Photo with your puppy at graduation
- Access to puppy training class every week
- Quarterly updates and scheduled visits with the puppy
- A facility tour and training demonstration
- Name listed in event program and recognition at graduation
- Volunteer opportunities to help socialize our newborns during the first eight weeks
Contact us at 419.885.5733 for more information!
Transportation is often a barrier for individuals with disabilities. By donating a new or used vehicle, you may become the driving force behind someone discovering independence. Download the information sheet here.
Donate Raffle Items For Event Fundraisers
Throughout the year, we host fundraisers that financially support our programs. In-kind donation and raffle items help us put on the best possible event that raises money for our mission. If you would like to donate a raffle prize, contact us.
By supporting The Ability Center in your estate plans, you ensure that the resources and support offered by The Ability Center will continue to be available in the future. For more information on how a planned gift can make a difference, please contact your attorney or financial advisor then call us.
If you wish to donate useful, gently-used household items for potential use by our consumers, please contact our staff.